Wednesday March 29, 2017
@ 7:30amEvent Ends:
Thursday March 30, 2017
Hilton Garden Inn
410 S 3rd Street
Manhattan, KS 66502
Hotel Room Rate:*
$112.00/ night. Single or double occupancy room.
Hotelroom reservaton :http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/M/MANGIGI-KSCL-20170328/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
*Room block closes: February 26th 2017*Presented by:
KSCLS and CLMA Annual MeetingSee All EventsVisit WebsiteSend a Message
2017 KSCLS / Wheatlands Chapter
CLMA Annual Meeting
Hilton Garden Inn - Manhattan, KS
March 29-30, 2017
The Program Committee is pleased to offer another exciting program at the 2017 meeting in Manhattan. Please remember that this is a PRELIMINARY look at the array of programs and all are subject to change.
- Keynote speakers are back by popular demand from last year with Dr Marty Vanier speaking about the National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF) currently under construction in Manhattan, and Coach Bill Snyder inspiring us all.
- We are pleased to welcome Suzanne Campbell, ASCLS President, who will be speaking on Wednesday.
- Hematology topics such as abnormal cell review, the use of stem cells inhuman, and hemostasis.
- Chemistry Topics – Sepsis, Procalcitonin, Hepatitis Update, Kidney Stones, Vein Ischemia, Chronic Kidney Diseases, and Chemical Safety.
- Micro topics including MALDI-TOF, Infectious Diseases, Testing for TB and Tick-borne Illnesses.
- Immunohematology – Transfusion Medicine Update and red cell genotyping.
- Timely topics – Leadership Skills, The Cost of Quality, Clinical IT Solutions, PAMA, KU DCLS Program, and Interdisciplinary Education Program.
The ASCLS P.A.C.E.© Program approves KSCLS as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences.All sessions are pending approval for P.A.C.E.© credit. The P.A.C.E.© credits awarded for each session will be published in the final program.
CE Organizer will be used for P.A.C.E. documentation.
For those individuals wishing to participate in the ASCP Certification Maintenance Program (CMP), the program committee has attempted to offer continuing education sessions which meet the CMP for generalists (MLS and MLT). A minimum of 36 points over a period of three years is required and must include the following: 1 point in safety, 2 points each in blood bank, chemistry, hematology, and microbiology. Other areas that may be counted toward CMP are immunology, molecular diagnostics, management, education, and/or other related laboratory area(s) of interest.
Ruby Brower: firstname.lastname@example.org (785) 532-8621
Linda Hickok: email@example.com (316) 650-7208